Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'll be in the loo!

The other day I was hanging out with some friends, and one happened to comment on how she always tells her husband when she goes to the bathroom. We all laughed, especially when she described how he always looks at her like she's nuts for telling him. Later on, it occurred to me that I do the same thing, with both my husband and kids. I've figured out though that it's actually more of a defense mechanism than a desire to keep my family updated on my waste elimination processes.

When my kids were little, they always used to want me for something every time I went into the bathroom. Over time I've taught them to leave me alone when I'm in there unless it is an emergency. The thing is though, if you don't tell them where you're going, they'll be running around the house yelling for you the minute you pull out your reading material.

So, Sandy, we may have laughed when you admitted to this habit, but truth is, I do it too, and it's a good self-preservation practice. Anyone else out there with the same habit?

No comments: