Thursday, March 2, 2006

Grrrr.....

I had the joy today of canceling our AOL account. Talk about a royal pain. They can't just say "okay" and do it for you, you have to listen to them extol the virtues of AOL over all other services, then they want you to explain in detail why you are choosing to close the account (I'm sure in the hopes of refuting each reason set forth). Then there was the "let me give you a free month then you can call back and cancel" line. Eventually I told him that we'd had a lot of good years of service from AOL but he was making it so that I was having nothing but bad feelings towards AOL. That seemed to work.

These tactics must work on some people, else AOL (and other companies) would not use them. However, it does not make me feel good about having done business with them for years.

No comments: