Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Groan: Christmas Already?

It's barely October, yet there are several aisles full of Christmas stuff at almost every store I go into these days. I know I should be used to it by now, but it still appalls me and frankly, I just don't understand it. Do people really buy Christmas stuff in October? What on earth is compelling these stores to put out things for sale for a holiday that is more than two months away? It's got to be that people are buying it - why else would they take up good space on the showroom floor?

So, I think I'd like to organize a boycott of Christmas stuff. Let's all agree to not buy Christmas decor until at least a month in advance of Christmas and if anyone is interested in possibly picketing a few stores, let me know. And, while we are at it, perhaps we can get them to start carrying summer clothes in the summer and winter clothes in the winter.

Okay. I know. But a girl can dream, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. And Halloween stuff started much too early and much too copiously.

Anonymous said...

I am with you...too much and too early. I used to like Christmas.