Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Family: The Woes of Skinny Men

Today my son and I went out to buy jeans. Do you have any idea how ridiculously difficult it is to find jeans to fit a 6'1", 117 lb teen? 30x34 is what we were after. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? I don't think there is much of a market for jeans for skinny blokes, because it was nigh on impossible to find him any that fit. We finally found some Rustlers at Wal-Mart. But, had to settle for 30x32 that are almost too short. Fortunately (?) he really needs about 29 1/2" waist, so they sag down and make up for the fact that they are a bit too short. None of the stores that we went to had 30x34. I'm not really sure why I am surprised, I've struggled with the same problem trying to buy jeans for his daddy for years and years, and with the rapidly rising average weight it was bound to happen that the smaller sizes would be less in demand and thus less available.

1 comment:

happytheman said...

Hah, trying finding 38x36 you have to buy them over the internet. My boys 6'1"; 6'5"; 6'4" Oh I'm reading Phantom by Terry Goodkind