Sunday, June 11, 2006

Peter at 20

Today, our son Peter would have turned 20. For the first few years after he died, I didn't really have much trouble imagining who he would be then - after all, the changes are only slight during the younger years. But, as time passed and birthdays came and went, it became harder and harder to imagine what type of person he would have been or how he would have looked. I'll have to admit that I really have no idea what he would look like now. Many changes take place in the years between six years old and 20. Who would he be? How would he like spending his time? It's amazing how little things can yank the grief right back up to the surface.

There is so much I could say about this darling kiddo of ours who we miss very much. But, I'll save that for another day. For now, Happy Birthday Pete.

No comments: