Friday, June 9, 2006

Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper, is, of course, the breakfast of champions. I learned to like DP in Texas, and have always been thrilled to find it in other parts of the US, though it has not always been easy. Lately, Dr. Pepper has been growing in popularity, and is showing up in many restaurants here in Michigan where it was previously no where to be found. This is a good thing.

Strangely, however, many folks around here seem to think Dr. Pepper is like root beer. If I ask for DP and they don't have it, they'll often say "but we have root beer" like that is some sort of acceptable substitution. I don't even like root beer and don't think it tastes anything like DP. I will say that lately my DP has been tasting like root beer, though. I think many of the fast food places now offering DP are serving it through the fountain that used to do dispense the root beer. That's something they need to work on around here. Because those two drinks do not go together well at all.

I may need to start a campaign called Dr. Pepper Fans for Purity!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

no kidding..crazy northerners..
I see a banner and t-shirts..!!

reJoyce said...

Ooooh. A banner and t-shirts. I like how you think, Bev!