Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Nanny McPhee

Nanny McPhee has just recently become available on DVD. I don't think that many people bothered to see the film when it was out in theaters. We did though, and really enjoyed it. I bought myself a copy just a couple of days ago and we sat down that same evening and watched it again.

I am, naturally, inclined to like almost any movie with Colin Firth in it. But, add in Emma Thompson and I'm hooked! (Same story with Love Actually, but I digress.) The story is charming, and I am always thrilled by the corresponding transformation of the children and Nanny McPhee. There are plenty of laughs, enough that even my teenaged boys watched without being prodded.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Colin Firth in Love Actually..I love him..that was the most romantic story about him and that girl...oh my word..