Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Money, money, money...

Out for a couple of hours today, back home with bags and bags of groceries, all for the low low price of £200! Pretty amazing. That's not even a weeks worth of food. But, in all fairness we were out of some staple items like laundry soap, loo rolls, cleaners, flour, sunflower seeds, some nuts and so on. Things I don't buy every week. Take all those things out and I think I bought mostly milk, yogurt, juice, cereal, veg, bread, and meat.

It really is an awesome blessing to be able to go to the shop and roll out a trolley full of groceries an hour later. I'm so thankful not to live in a time of rationing. I'm also thankful not to live in an era where having something to eat meant keeping a garden and animals. I'm sure I would have done what I needed to do, but the joy of being able to ring up for pizza delivery when I'm tired out is one I'd hate to have missed.

No comments: