Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Health: Skin Cancer

This morning found me sitting once again in my doctors office having a lesion removed. If the lab comes back and says "yes" on the skin cancer, this will be the third one I've had to be rid of in about eight years.

When I was a child my mom was very diligent in applying sunscreen to my fair, freckle-dy skin. A move to Texas during my teen years increased my sun exposure while I in my teenaged wisdom decided to decrease my sunscreen use. So, now I pay the price.

Are you familiar with the signs of skin cancer? The Skin Care Foundation has a nice web site with a lot of information on recognizing and preventing skin cancers. Check it out, especially if you are a fair skinned Irish lass such as myself (or lad).

UPDATE 24 OCT 06:

The biopsy came back normal, which really surprises me. (You can pray for me any time you want, Scott!)

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Girl..oh my goodness...let us know...I am a redheaded white skin girl and you got me scared!

Thinking of you!!

Scott said...

Well, I'll make this a huge priority on my prayer list. Let us know what the findings are!!!

reJoyce said...

Thanks, Bev and Scott.

Hopefully it'll just be one of those non-malignant type like I've had in the past. I'm not too overly concerned about it, but am always glad to have anyone pray for me who feels the urge. :-)