Friday, August 25, 2006

Life: On Comfortable Feet

My first pair of Birkenstocks were purchased fifteen years ago when I was pregnant with baby number five and living in a house with no padding under the carpets. So, my path towards happy feet actually started because of aching knees. Very soon thereafter, my knees stopped hurting, my back felt better and my feet no longer throbbed at the end of the day. I was on to something. Well, on to comfortable shoes.

Birkenstocks have had the misfortune of being disdained by many people, who undoubtedly have their feet shoved into shoes that are too tight. My goal is to have comfortable feet. Some say comfortable shoes are ugly. Well, it all depends on your point of view. And my point of view says that I look a lot nicer all over when my feet are not in pain.

Other brands of shoes that I have found to be comfortable are Dansko and Josef Seibel. To tell you the truth though, I like bare feet best of all!

No comments: