Monday, July 17, 2006

Michigan in the Summer: Camp

After our ill-fated trip to Tennessee, it was time to head to church camp. Here in West Michigan, several of the Churches of Christ co-operate together to run a small camp called Beechwood Hills. Last week the kids and I did our volunteer time at camp. I spent the week organizing paperwork (it really did take me all week to get it in order), my oldest son worked in the kitchen as a cook and the two younger kids were engineers (that means they did dishes, cleaned toilets, helped with activities, and generally worked themselves silly).

I went to summer camp once when I was a kid - and never wanted to go again. Most people I know are appalled that I did not like camp, for the most part they all seem to have loved it. How about you?

No comments: