Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Travel with Me: Venice

It used to be if I wanted to look through old pictures, I got out a photo album, or more likely a box full of pictures, and flipped through them. Digital cameras have changed how I peruse old pictures. Now, I point and click.

So, this morning I was pointing and clicking my way through some of our pictures from our three weeks in Europe in 2005. I'm itchy to take another trip, especially an overseas one. Since there is nothing on my traveling horizon beyond runs around the US, I thought I might post some of my favorite photos from the Europe trip.

This picture is in Venice, Italy. It rained on us the whole time we were there. My main memories of Venice are first, the conflicting sensory stimulations: visually it is stunning; nasally it's not so good, and secondly, being completely lost most of the time! We did not see all the touristy things one is supposed to see in Venice, but we had a good time wandering around and happening on a few of them.

We were lost as can be when this picture was taken. But isn't it a beautifully charming road?

No comments: