Thursday, June 15, 2006

How Long Ago?

I can't sleep. The computer isn't really helping, either. Clicking through blogs and web sites is about as bad as flipping channels. Sigh.

So, since I'm busy not sleeping I'll ask: how old is your profile photo? I guess mine is three years old now (and photoshopped come to think of it). How often must it be updated to be, for lack of a better word, honest?

Recently we did a pictorial directory for our church. One of the members took photos and we put them together in a directory. One couple had their photo made, but decided that they'd rather have us put in a picture that was taken when they went to Hawaii a couple of years ago. That seemed a bit dishonest to me. So, then maybe my three year old profile picture is "dishonest", too?

1 comment:

themoy said...

As a vain person, I considered using a book cover from back when I was an artists' model. It's a painting for a fantasy novel that shows me playing a fiddle for a cat. Now, I can't play a fiddle to save my life, but it does look a lot like I looked twenty years ago when it was done. But I guess there are copyright as well as truth in advertising issues, and I don't know where the artist is living now to ask him about it. Oh well.

Nice picture, by the way.