Monday, July 20, 2015

Nike+ 1/2 Marathon Coaching: Week Two, Day One

I'll spare you the Week 1, Day 7 rest day details.

Back on the Greenway again today, enjoying the very minute altitude changes. Tried running with just my jogging bra, shorts, hat, shoes, socks and phone. I was definitely cooler, but missed the water and gel. Not to mention being mentally uncomfortable with not being covered up as much as usual. [I kept telling myself if big bellied old men can go around shirtless on the Greenway then I can run with my middle aged woman, had five babies tummy showing.]

As far as the run goes: still not great at managing my pace. I did attempt to go faster for the last mile, but still can't quite get a handle on how to run just a little bit faster. The Nike+ Coaching is a nice motivator but really offers very minimal help beyond just telling you to get out and do something. If I could improve it I would add:

  • fartlek support (audible cues)
  • more details about pace goals (easy, comfortable doesn't say much)
  • feedback during the run (ie: for today, at 2 miles an audible cue to pick up the pace)

No comments: