Friday, July 17, 2015

Nike+ 1/2 Marathon Coaching: Week One, Day Five

Not to tempt the fates too much, I am back on schedule today. At the beginning of the third mile, I was feeling tired and walking, thinking to myself that I couldn't run anymore. There was a lady running in front of me and she tripped and fell flat on her face. I decided I'd better adjust my attitude if I was causing others to fail, too. So, I did a bit of positive self talk and finished the last mile running. I may have even managed to go a bit faster as instructed.


https://instagram.com/rejoycingtoday/

After I finished the automated congratulations sports celebrity (whose name I don't remember) suggested I should find a hyperbaric chamber to recoup in since I've run more this week than last. This seemed a bit bizarre to me, but celebrities are a mystery to me anyway.

I ran today in a pair of shorts from REI and a race shirt from one of this years Dirty Spokes races. Plus my usual Altra Intuitions and Injinji toe socks.

No comments: