Saturday, November 6, 2004

Audible.com Online Store | CafePress

Audible.com Online Store | CafePress

While I was browsing Audible.com I ran across their new "Audible Gear" section. They've got t-shirts (for you or your dog), mugs, totes and bags, hats, magnets, lunch boxes, aprons, and sweatshirts. All bearing some sort of Audible logo or quote. And, at almost $17 for a tote bag, they aren't inexpensive.

So, I'm wondering what it is that draws me (or people in general) to buy things with logos on them. My Dad has always said that he is not going to pay to advertise for someone. They should be paying *him* to wear clothing with their logo on it. I think he is right, yet in many ways it seems like a way that people express who they are these days. Look! I'm literary. I listen to audible books. Or: Look! I'm cool. I like Guinness beer. (Or: Look! I'm strange. I don't even like Guinness and I'm wearing their t-shirt!)

Well, whatever the reason, I'm certainly drawn to these types of products. I'll have to do a survey some time and see how many product related shirts, hats and so on I see while I am out sometime. In the mean time, back to browsing the audible page....

No comments: